March 19, 2013
Pure Synergy: 45 calories, no fats
•1/2 cup fresh blueberries (frozen, then thawed): 35 calories, 0.1 gram saturated fat, no trans fats
•1/2 cup Cascadian Farm Organic cereal: 67 calories, no trans or saturated fats
•1/4 cup Almond Breeze almond milk: 10 calories, no trans or saturated fats
•1 banana: 105 calories, 1 percent daily value of saturated fats, no trans fats
• 8 whole almonds: 41 calories. 1 percent daily value saturated fats, no trans fats
•Tasty Taco original (aka: Fell Off the Wagon): 520 calories, 12 grams of saturated fat, no trans fats
• 1/2 cup red grapes: 60 calories, no trans or saturated fats
• 1 cup broccoli: 25 calories, no trans or saturated fats
• 2 tbsp. Roasted Garlic Hummus: 60 calories, no trans or saturated fats
• 2 carrots (52 calories), 1 stalk of kale (34 calories), 1/8 red cabbage (14 calories), 1/2 apple (58 calories): 158 calories
• California roll (sushi): 255 calories, no trans or saturated fats
• 5 oz merlot: 122 calories, no trans or saturated fats
• sourdough bread: 160 calories, no trans or saturated fats
• butter: 72 calories, 26 percent daily value of saturated fat, no trans fats.
55 minutes brisk walking (burned 236 calories)
27 percent daily value of saturated fats
3 servings of fruits, 2+ servings of vegetables, plus juice and green drink
1735 calories consumed minus 236 burned = 1509
At my height (5′ 9.5″), I could consume 1693 calories a day and stay at the same weight (168 pounds), so today was a bit of a wash. Exercise did help. The lunchtime taco did not.
Writing this all down, however, is an excellent exercise—it helps keep me on track and makes me acknowledge reality. Hope it helps some of you.
Please consider a donation to Positives About Negative to keep this site going. This work is entirely supported by readers. Just click on the Donate button in the right of the page. Thank you!
Read more about diet and TNBC in my book, Surviving Triple-Negative Breast Cancer.